- Library cards are issued free of charge to residents who live or own property in Edison
- Proof of residence, employment in Edison or school enrollment in Edison is required to obtain a library card. Cards must be renewed in person only (no phone renewals) every 3 years except for those who work or are enrolled in Edison schools and do not live in the township. These 2 type of cards must be renewed annually.
- Lost or stolen cards should be reported immediately. Replacement fee for a lost card is $1. Effective November 1st, the lost card replacement fee will be increased to $5.00.
- Library cards are issued when a child enters kindergarten. A parent’s signature is required for children up to the age of 18.
- An Edison Township Library Card may be used at the Main Library, North Edison Branch, the Clara Barton Branch, and the Bookmobile. A valid Library Card enables one to borrow the following: Books, Magazines, Pamphlets, Books on Tape, Music CDs, Videos, DVDs and computer software.
- Our library participates in reciprocal borrowing with many libraries in the area. Residents with a valid Library Card are entitled to borrow materials from these libraries. Certain restrictions may apply. Ask at the Circulation Desk for the latest list of participating libraries
- IDENTIFICATION ACCEPTED FOR LIBRARY CARD REGISTRATION: Only one form of identification is required. All forms of ID must show name, address and expiration date. Bills must be dated within three months:
1. Driver’s License/Driver’s Permit
2. Edison Township Tax Bill
4. Motor Vehicle Identification or Car Insurance Bill
5. Senior Citizen ID Card
6. Temporary INS Visa Status Card
7. Utility Bill/Credit Card Bill
- NOT ACCEPTED IDENTIFICATION:
1. Social Security Card
2. Personal Mail
3. Bank Statement
5. P.O. Box
Get A Temporary Card
Edison Residents, you can now apply for a temporary library card online. We will send you your library barcode within two business days, letting you take advantage of our online resources.
This card will be valid for one month and provide privileges for online services only. Please stop by one of our branches with proof of your address to have your temporary card upgraded to a permanent library card.
By applying for a library card online, you are agreeing (for yourself or your child/guardianship) to abide by all rules and policies of the library. Current proof of residency must be provided when upgrading the temporary card to a permanent card at the Circulation Desk. Children under the age of 18 must also have authorization given by a parent or legal guardian at the time of the first check out. For complete library policies and more information about eligibility, click here.